Play Free, Win A Key – The ContestMay 23rd, 2020 at 2:33 pm
Take part in one of the 5 contests for of the May Open Playtest – the best contestants win a game key!
Hi, fellow gamer and MMO enthusiast!
The May Open Playtest is starting soon, and we have exciting last-minute news to share about it!
First of all, client download is ready. Well, that’s not really unexpected, but just so you know… you can now download the client here and create a character before the test begins!
Second, you can get free access to Alpha 2 – Test 3 (or even permanent game access) by playing during the Open Playtest and ranking well in one of 5 dedicated contests:
- Highest Militia Ranking
- Best Game Footage
- Best/Most Creative Character Build
- Most Knowledge Acquired
- Coolest Land Parcel
This is how it works:
- The winner of each contest gets a key that grants permanent access to the game, from here to full release and after!
- The highest ranking competitors of each category get a key that grants access to next test, Alpha 2 – Test 3!
- Everyone who participated with a meaningful contribution gets 1,000 Foundation Points 😉
Let’s get to the details of each contest now!
Highest Militia Ranking
Are you the PvP type? Want to show the world who’s boss and get rewarded for it?
Then make sure you’re at the top of the ranking of your militia by the end of the playtest!
Militia ranking works as follows:
- Each character that’s part of a militia has an ELO-based score assigned to it. This score is not visible to the player.
- Once the character has done enough PvP with players of other factions, it enters the official ranking of the militia. Ranking is shown in center of the Militia tab of the Social menu.
- If a character leaves a militia, its score is reset.
This contest is special, in that the highest ranking player of each militia gets a permanent key!
Best Game Footage
Feeling an aspiring director this week? Then record the most exciting moments of your adventures during this Open Playtest and send them to us!
Submissions are to be posted in a new thread here – be it a YouTube / Twitch link or a link to download the video files 🙂
We only access entries with the following characteristics:
- 60 FPS (or higher)
- 1920×1080 resolution (or higher, but always with a 16:9 ratio)
- No filters! (e.g. gamma filters)
Group PvE and PvP are our favorite subjects, but feel free to let your creativity flow!
Also, if you upload your footage on YouTube or elsewhere, make sure to keep the original files: it might be selected for to be part of our first official game trailer – assuming you are fine with it, of course 😉
Character Build Contest
We know, it’s hard to come up with awesome character builds with just a few days to figure out the game…
…however, we’re sure the true minmaxers™ among you will try anyway. So, get rewarded for your efforts by posting your character build(s) in the a new thread here. Don’t forget to include screenshots of your character menu to show what you’ve managed to achieve by unlocking abilities, crafting and enchanting you gear!
Please mind we won’t be evaluating only the strength of your build, but also how creative it is and how your ideas on how it could evolve in the future 🙂
Character Progression Contest
Do you have the
Land Parcel Contest
Not fancy focusing on your character? Then make your land parcel the most beautiful of the realm, take some screenshots of it and post them in a new thread here:
The rules for this contest are in the forum thread.
See you all in game!
May 2020 Open PlaytestMay 12th, 2020 at 6:21 pm
Roadmap To Alpha 2 – Test 3April 23rd, 2020 at 3:25 pm
All-Backers Access & Apr 12 Cities Q&AApril 7th, 2020 at 6:49 pm
Mar 29 Q&A Livestream + Free Alpha KeysMarch 27th, 2020 at 4:31 pm
Alpha 2 – Test 2 Launch Day RevealedMarch 16th, 2020 at 8:49 pm