February 2020 Open PlaytestJanuary 29th, 2020 at 5:51 pm
Our first stress test was short-lived, but a new one is coming already! Play FOR FREE from February 6 with no pledge, or February 4 if you’re a backer!
Hi, fellow gamer and MMO enthusiast!
Our first open stress test in December generated a massive interest in Fractured, but was rather short-lived due to some server stability issues we’ve described in this blog post.
As explained in our roadmap, the issues were identified and resolved quickly in the following week, but the fact the test was meant to last from Friday evening to Sunday night meant that only a few hundred users managed to play.
This outcome saddened us a lot – while the purpose of a stress test is to “break stuff”, that happened way too early, since we actually wanted to let you all play for the whole weekend!
That, my friends, is why…
Here we go again
Yes, a new open test is coming – and this time it’s going to last for almost a full week!
To spread the influx of new players over a longer period of time, we’ve decided to split the test in two phases. For the first 2 days, only backers will be allowed to play, then it’s free for everyone!
Here’s the exact schedule:
- Tuesday, February 4, 2pm CET (8am ET): access is granted to all backers, disregarding the type of pledge pack / founder pack.
- Thursday, February 6, 2pm CET (8am ET): access is granted to all registered users – no pledge needed!
- Monday, February 10, 10am CET (2am ET): the open playtest is over.
Other than the server stability fixes and the new web infrastructure (web API + login server + chat server), taking part in the February 2020 Open Playtest will allow you to preview some of the features coming in Alpha 2 – Test 2, such as:
- Enchanting – gather reagents from plants and creatures in the world to assign new properties to your equipment.
- Material selection – choose among different types of cloth, hide and leather for your armor pieces.
- Shields – better protection for your melee-oriented characters.
- New shaders & lighting – significant graphical improvements all-around.
We truly hope this test will run smooth as silk and you’ll be able to enjoy the experience you’ve missed last time.
Let’s spread the word and see each other soon in game!
Spring Alpha Major Release #1April 8th, 2021 at 6:22 pm
Spring Alpha Launch & Spotlight #4March 14th, 2021 at 9:30 am
Tech Tree, Marketplace & Money For DynamightFebruary 25th, 2021 at 12:02 pm
Winter Alpha Spotlight – City OverhaulJanuary 27th, 2021 at 3:57 pm
January 2021 Open WeekendJanuary 8th, 2021 at 5:15 pm