All-Backers Access & Apr 12 Cities Q&AApril 7th, 2020 at 6:49 pm
Friday, April 10: everyone with a founder pack can play. Sunday, April 12: live Q&A on player cities. Surprise!
Hi, fellow gamer and MMO enthusiast!
It’s now been 2 weeks since Alpha 2 – Test 2 has gone live. We’ve released a few hotfix patches, we have a more substantial new version coming in a couple days, and we are ready to spice things up with a big surprise!
And the surprise is…
Yes, you’re guessing it right: the doors of Alpha 2 – Test 2 are soon going to be open to all users with a pledge/founder pack in the first All-Backers Access event in the history of Fractured!
This means that even the cheapest option in the Fractured Store, the Adept pack, will allow you to login and play the game!
The All-Backers Access event is starting on Friday, April 10, at 4pm CEST (10am EDT) and will run until Sunday, April 19. After that, access will revert to backers with Alpha 2 access only (Legend pack or higher).
There are two reasons we’re launching this event now:
- Our new early game experience (starting area + tutorial) wasn’t live yet during the open playtest we’ve run in February, so we haven’t had the chance to stress-test it yet;
- A certain virus is messing with humanity these days, and we know a lot of you are forced to stay home – just like us. This will hopefully make isolation feel a little better 🙂
As with the Open Playtest, we’re asking for your help to spread the word about this event. You can also get a game key for having done so – check out this forum thread!
Player Cities Q&A Livestream
Player cities are the next big feature coming to the world of Fractured. The first iteration of the system is going live in Alpha 2 – Test 3, but we’d like to take a moment to discuss it with you beforehand… and that’s going to happen in a new live Q&A with Dynamight’s CEO Jacopo Gallelli!
One again, the livestream will take place on Oxfurd’s Twitch Channel. The time is 7pm CEST (1pm EDT ) on Sunday, April 12!
Like last time, at the end of the livestream we’re going to gift a few keys to those who asked meaningful questions. Make sure you don’t miss it!
March 29 Q&A Recording
Unlike the upcoming Q&A, the last one wasn’t focused on a specific topic. Instead, the host Oxfurd selected a few questions among the ones that were posted beforehand or asked live – well actually, a lot, not a few! 😉
The full recording is now available on YouTube and consists of about 1h20m of Q&A, followed by some “homemade arena” fun with a group of players in the game.
Here’s a list of the main topics discussed:
- The current condition of the studio;
- Why we decided to open testing so early;
- How we feel about our current development speed;
- Specialization of crafters in the game;
- The results of the February survey and how they’ll affect the development of the game;
- In-game politics and conflict in Fractured;
- Fast travelling;
- The role of food and cultivations.
Thank you all and… see you soon in game! 😉